Monday 18 May 2015

2 years of blogging!

2 years of blogging!


When I started this blog, I really did not set myself any goals as I was not sure if I would keep it up. And yet, here we are, two years later! 

I recently looked back on my time in SL (in this picture) and it struck me how useful taking pictures and blogging helps with remembering things. I will look back at an outfit and remember what stories I wrote while my character was wearing it, the discussions I had, the laughs etc… 

If I had to choose one thing alone that I find rewarding about blogging, that in itself would be enough. Yet, there is so much more. Teaching myself how to use Photoshop would be a close second.
I always had an artistic side. I used to act, draw, write… As time passes and we “grow” somehow those aspects are deemed less time worthy. Second Life has allowed me to rekindle the passion I had with those. I enjoy editing every pixels to make a whole. I love writing stories with others that have me immersed in them. I find a challenge in the artistic puzzle of finding the right elements to bring an outfit together.

Often people, even those logging on to it religiously, will view Second Life in a negative light. I think, like every other distraction in your life, it is what you make of it. For me it is a respite of fun and creativity through this blog and roleplay. What is it for you?

Find what brings you happiness and hold on to it.

See you next year!

Credits for outfits can be found herehere and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment